I hate to break the news, but LinkedIn forbade uploading CSV files of contacts to send invitations via all LinkedIn outreach automation tools since the end of August 2022.
What does it mean for you?
Unfortunately, you can't use CSV connector campaigns via Expandi (and any other tools) anymore😱
So what is the way out?
Expandi developed a Gmail Connector Campaign.
The new campaign type allows you to connect with 500+ people per week by syncing your Gmail contacts with LinkedIn. You can still use CSV files with contacts for your LinkedIn cold outreach. But you should use it in another way.
So, how does it work?
LinkedIn will extract all contacts from your Gmail account. If the email address from this list is related to someone’s LinkedIn account (primary or secondary LinkedIn email), Expandi will be able to send them a connection request through LinkedIn.
Note: the Gmail Connector Campaign is in BETA mode right now. So, if you face any issues, please contact our support team.
Few more words about Gmail Connector Campaign:
This campaign doesn't schedule any tasks and they will not be visible in the tasks menu.
Gmail Connector Campaign will be uploading and inviting people in batches and that will happen throughout the day, in general, you can set up in your profile settings how many you would like to upload per day
Expandi will be uploading leads each day, but there might be days where nothing is uploaded due to the system mimicking human behavior ( to keep your account safe)
There are no specific recommendations for the limits, however, you have to be mindful of your account safety and start slowly and not maximize from the beginning.
With Gmail Connector Campaign you can still bypass the LinkedIn connection limit and it has no link to any LinkedIn safety measures meaning you can rapidly grow your network.
So what are your following steps?
📌 1. Create your new Gmail account
This tutorial will help you to create a new Gmail account 👉 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en
📌 2. Prepare your CSV file with emails of the prospects you want to outreach
No matter if you scraped your Sales Navigator search results or chose another way to get an email list. As a result, you should have the CSV file with the emails you need
📌 3. Import the CSV file to Gmail contacts
Log in to your new Gmail account, and click the menu item at the top right corner to find the ‘Contacts’ item. Or just follow this link 👉 https://contacts.google.com/
2. Click ‘Import contacts' at the left-sidebar menu and upload a CSV file you prepared in the previous steps.
3. As a result, you will get your CSV email list imported into your newly created Gmail.
📌 4. Sync your Gmail and LinkedIn accounts
Go to your LinkedIn account
Click on 'My network' and at the left-sidebar menu you should click 'More options’. Or just follow this link 👉 https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/import-contacts/
3. There are two ways how to sync your Gmail:
1st option: Add your new Gmail address you have just created, and click ‘Continue’. Then you should add the password.
2nd option: Select Gmail and it will ask you to log in. Fill in the credentials of the newly created Gmail account to start syncing the contacts.
4. Make sure that you choose the right Gmail account (that you have just created) to sync to.
5. When the account is synced, you will see all your contacts. Please do not invite/select anybody but just click [Skip] and [Done for now] on the next page.
That is all you need to do on LinkedIn.
Please don’t sync the existing Gmail account that you usually use. You should create the new one that you have created just to upload CSV contacts and sync with LinkedIn.
If you want to start a new Gmail Connector Campaign in Expandi, you should delete all existing contacts from your Gmail account and then upload a CSV file with the new contacts.
One LinkedIn account = One Gmail account = Multiple Gmail connector campaigns active at the same time
📌 5. Set up a Gmail connector campaign in Expandi
Go to Expandi Campaigns.
Click 'Add new campaign' and select campaign type - Gmail connector campaign.
3. Name your campaign, click 'Next', and then click 'Create without template'.
4. Go to the People tab and select 'Import CSV'.
5. After this is done, you need to import the CSV file into this campaign (or create segments/multiple CSVs for AB testing). This should be the exact same file you used to import into your Gmail contacts
6. Match the key from CSV "Email" with Map to field "Email" and Send CSV for processing (this may take a few minutes).
7. Go to the ‘Steps’ tab if you want to add follow-up messages to your campaign. In this type of campaign, you can NOT add a connector message (it will be blank).
8. When the parsing is finished your contacts will appear in the people tab and you will be able to start your campaign. Activate your Gmail connector campaign by sliding the status button in the Settings.