The dynamic placeholders can be found in the menu selection on the left. They offer further personalization of your LinkedIn messages. The information may be imported from a CSV file or typed in manually.
Uploading a CSV
When uploading a CSV file, the mandatory field is the “profile_link” (Regular LinkedIn) or “profile_link_sn” (Profile Link from Sales Navigator). All of the other fields will be considered as dynamic placeholders.
In the Search tab of the software, there is an example CSV file which serves as a template on how to import the different personalization fields.
If you are adding dynamic placeholders for people who are already in Expandi, the software will recognize this and add additional columns in the Placeholders menu.
For additional information on how to upload a CSV file can be found here.
Enter Information Manually
If you would like to type them manually the steps can be followed below.
- Click on Edit Placeholder Names.
2. Input a name for the placeholder.
3. Choose Create a Placeholder.
When the column is created, the information can be manually inputted for each individual.
Typing a Message
To use dynamic placeholders in a campaign message, the steps are outlined below.
- Click on the Campaigns menu.
- Choose the correct campaign.
- Go to the Steps tab.
- Click on Dynamic Placeholder on the righthand side.
5. Select the text box with the message you want to use the placeholder in.
6. Choose the correct placeholder you would like to use.
7. As some people may not have the information available you can write a
message using the placeholder and one without the placeholder.
8. Click the Apply button to save the changes.
Verifying the Message
After creating the messages, it is important to have an overview of the personal message. This can be done by following these steps.
- Go to the Campaigns menu.
- Select the campaign you are working on.
- Go to the People tab.
- Choose the person you would like to preview the message to.
- In the personal Inbox on the right, click on the blue eye icon.
This allows you to see all of the messages which will be sent from this campaign. Clicking on the blue eye icon once again allows the preview messages to be hidden once again.