This might work if you 👍
- Are under pressure to generate near-term appointments
- Are an inside sales rep or marketer needing to send one-to-many prospecting emails
- Call on purchasing agents buying from vendors (see your product as a commodity)
- Have customers who typically have purchasing / change seasons (times of year)
- Do not have the ability to research your prospect, but DO have a case study example
This one is straight-ahead, simple. It is effective BUT should be used with caution. Because it's aimed at prospects who know they have a need.
In other words, they are in "near-term buying/changing mode." Not all prospects are. That's what makes this a "use with caution" template.
This might not work if you 👎
- Are not willing / able to send messages to many targets
- Have targets who don't yet realize they're candidates for what you're offering (take time)
- Customers demand a Tailored message, highly personalized to them
- Choose a subject line currently saturating your target market (prospects delete it daily!)
[prospect first name],
Is exploring __________________ [insert need] on the horizon for ____________ [insert business name]? If so, may I propose a short email exchange -- to decide if a longer conversation is justifiable?
If not, thanks for your time in considering. Let me know, [first name]?
How to riff on it
In my best James Brown voice... "Watch me now!"
prospect first name],
Is exploring __________________ [insert need] on the horizon for ____________ [insert business name]? If so, I have an idea. May I share? Then you can decide if a longer conversation is justifiable.
Let me know, [first name]?
Remember. Standardized templates work less-and-less as time goes on.
Because they are seen by more-and-more customers.
Mix it up! Keep it fresh. Riff on the concept being demonstrated.
Have fun with it. 70% of the success with such an approach is how DIFFERENT it is. Don't be afraid to provoke your targets.
Template (with case example)
[prospect first name],,
Are you open to an unusual (but effective) tactic to ________________? [reach a measurable goal you can help them reach / avoid a disaster they don't know about yet] __________ [example business] had a _______________________. [describe bad situation] They adopted a different strategy that is ________________. [briefly how it's different] As a result, they are _____________________. [amazing accomplishment]
I have a similar idea for you. Not sure if it’s a fit.
Are you open to hearing how _______ [example business] is doing this in a short email exchange?
Click on the following button to see how you can create a new campaign. In the example you will find a connector campaign. let's go 💨