This might work if you 👍
- Are under pressure to generate near-term appointments
- Have under-qualified trade show leads to follow-up with (and are looking for a better tactic)
- Are aware of 3-4 nagging fears, frustrations or big challenges facing your typical customer
- Need to reach out to a large number of prospects
- Need a effective third touch message as a short follow-up to your first follow up
- Just connected on LinkedIn to a prospect who is unresponsive to your tailored approach
TIP: Talking about their fear or goal is often what prospects want to do -- before they are READY to talk about buying, upgrading or changing.
Not sure which "pain" is of most importance to your clients? This helps you put a finger on it.
This template provokes buyers talk about their goal, fear or pain. So you reach your goal.
This may not work if you 👎
- Are targeting a relatively smaller list of prospects entrenched in the status quo
- Use a subject line that doesn't spark curiosity
- Have customers who demand a more personalized, tailored message from you
How it works
1) Provokes potential buyers/candidates to respond,
2) gives you a meaningful topic to discuss with them and
3) reveals if the prospect will ever buy/change. (if there is enough pain or desire)
I call this "The Burning Questions" template.
[prospect first name],
What frustrates you the most when trying to ________________ [insert your customers' goal]? Which question is more important to answer:
1. ____________________ [question 1]
2. ____________________ [question 2]
3. ____________________ [question 3]
Which of these is most important to you, [prospect first name]?